Tesla, or better Elon Musk, has introduced its new Model Y last night. The Tesla Model Y is the little brother of the Model X. So, it’s a mid-sized SUV based upon the chassis of the Model 3. But it has a much higher cargo space. The most-affordable Model will have a base price of $39,000 and a 230-mile battery range but will be first delivered in 2021. Tesla will deliver the more expansive versions before.
Prices of Tesla Model Y
Prices will start with $60,000 for the Performance Model with a top speed of 150 mph (241 km/h) and an acceleration of 3.5 sec. for 0-60 mph. Followed by $51,000 for the Dual Motor AWD Model with 135 mph and 4.8 sec. Both with a range of 280 miles. And last but not least $47,000 the Long Range Version with 130 mph and 5.5 sec acceleration but with a range of 300 miles (540 km, WLTP). All should be delivered by Fall 2020. The Model with standard range will come in 2021 with 230 miles range, 120 mph and 5.9 sec. acceleration for 0-60 mph.
Market Success guaranteed
It will be expected that this Tesla Model will be a guaranteed success for Tesla. Because there is a high demand for SUVs at all and electric cars anyway. This could be the game changer or a big milestone for Tesla into a successful economic situation.
Elevated Seating Position
The interior of the Model Y looks very similar to the Model 3. A 15 inch Monitor will sit in the middle of the dashboard. An expansive Glass Roof provides more light and sight. But an elevated seating position will provide the driver with a wider view on roads and surrounding. The driver has a commanding view of the road ahead. The interior of Model Y is simple and clean, with a 15-inch touch screen, immersive sound system and an expansive all-glass roof that creates extra headroom and provides a seamless view of the sky.
Well known quality and equipment
The Tesla Model Y can carry up to 7 adults. The Premium Version e.g. has following features:
- 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
- Three independently folding 2nd row seats
- Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
- Satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization and navigation
- In-car internet streaming music & media
- Internet browser
- Location aware automatic garage door opener
- LED fog lamps
- Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
- Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
- Music and media over Bluetooth®
- Custom driver profiles
- Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
All Tesla Model Y can Supercharge “Pay Per Use” and have Over-the-air software updates.